Saturday, October 3, 2009

After Exam...Singapore!!

Was out of town last few days travelling around Singapore with Rachel and Joshua. We planned this trip earlier on as our 'post-exam-destress-escapade', after weeks of being zombies studying for our exams. Even though Singapore is so near to Malaysia, this was only my 3rd time visiting Singapore...and the last time I was there was 10 years ago! Of course, this doesn't include my short 'visits' to Changi airport during my transits...hehe! This time we got our return airtickets for only RM95...so cheap right!!

It has been a long time since the last time I went to Sg and itz hard to imagine how much it has changed in 10 years. I've always admired Singapore's development...it is such a small country but everyone knows about this tiny little country in Asia. This was apparent especially when I was in the States, many people doesn't know where Malaysia is, so I just asked if they know where Thailand and Singapore is...and I'll say Malaysia is right in between this 2 countries...haha! One thing I like about this place is...everywhere is soooo clean...even the streets!


I've mentioned before that I love the cities...so the 3 days' trip was mainly about sightseeing...traveling around the city in MRT, buses, and walking...juz like the locals. Getting around was easy coz the public transports are so convenient and systematic. We also walked quite a good bit in 3 days that I had blisters on my foot and my leg still hurts now from all the walking. I've got some friends studying there but I only managed to meet up with ShuLing in NUS.

My 2 travel buddies...we looked so touristy.

Clarke Quay

The first picture that we took in this underground tunnel turned out really cool so we decided to fool around with more poses...hehe!!

Vivo City...jalan-jalan and had Ben & Jerry's ice cream!

This mall is at Harbour Front...overlooking Sentosa Island

Anderson Bridge

Fullerton Hotel

Rachel's uncle gave us a treat at this Thai food restaurant...yummy!

Suntec City Mall (there are sooo many malls in Sg!!)

Esplanade-Theaters On The Bay
This is just the beginning of our obsession with this 'Durian'...haha!!

Scenic night view of the city from the Esplanade


Of all places to go...we went for hiking in Singapore...I'm not kidding...haha!! The whole journey was about 2km...took us about 1.5 hour...luckily the weather was nice.

Henderson Waves
We took so much effort just to see this bridge...the architecture is pretty cool!

Forest Walk...another trail that we passed by during the hiking.

Some random pics of the city. There were still lotsa fencing along the roads coz F1 was just over last weekend.

Day view of the 'Durian', Fullerton Hotel, Merlion, and the Marina Sands Bay that is still under construction.

The Merlion: Mermaid + Lion = Fake Lion (Singa-Pura)

Went on the Singapore Flyer...too bad the stupid haze spoilt all the view. I wanted to go up around 7pm to get the day and night view...but we went earlier coz we thought we wanted to rush to the Night Safari (but we didn't go =.=)

I loveeee these pics!! I told ya...we're obsessed with the Durian...hahaha!!

I love the night view of the city

This trip was supposed to be meant for de-stress...but it seems we were even more tired because of all the walking. At least, we accomplished each of our 'missions' in 3 days. Our 1-week break is coming to an end...time to get back to college for revision classes. I'm so not in the mood to start my revision yet!!

No comments: