Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Exploring Ireland - Giant Causeway

I'm supposed to be in bed at this hour but well nvm, just gonna continue with my Ireland trip updates. Was burning the midnight oil working on the photo collage...whoops! :p Soooo many nice pictures!!!

June 18 (Fri) : Giant Causeway Day Tour
We followed McComb's tour for this Giant Causeway trip. The student price for this tour was £20 but I had another 20% voucher so it was supposed to cost each of us £16. But...guess how 'smart' 5 accounting students can be?? None of us realized that the guy gave us the wrong change so we ended up saving only 10% instead of 20%...smart right??? But anyway, this trip was definitely worth the price paid...A-M-A-Z-I-N-G scenery throughout the entire journey!!! Don't believe it?? Keep scrolling down and 'see' it for yourself...hehe! :p The driver was also very humorous and told us a lot of info about the sites. Our trip started at 9.30am and the whole bus was full!!

First stop: Carrickfergus Castle
We were all very 'sam pat'...first time seeing castle so rushed down the bus and started taking plenty of pics. A kind American couple offered to help us take a group pic and guess what they said when I offered to help them take a pic? She said, "Ohhh....you have no idea how many castle pictures we've taken!!" They've been traveling around Europe for 2 months...no wonder la!


Our bus took the Causeway Coastal Route to go up north. This Causeway Coastal Route is rated as one of the top 5 road trips worldwide! No joke wei...I was in awe of the breathtaking scenery!! The road hugs the narrow strip of coastline btwn the sea and high cliffs (copied this from the brochure)...haha!! And of course I got my 'first class' seat to take loads of pics...left, right, front, back...luckily I brought my netbook to transfer the pics. ;)


That small tunnel was only about the size of the bus.



Got mountain got sea....good fengshui huh? How awesome would that be if I can own a house there!

Arrived Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge...gotta walk about 15 min to get to the bridge.


See how much we need to walk & hike!! But at least the view is awesome! Can start singing "The Climb" liao...there's always gonna b another mountain...why??? =.=

My camera never get to rest....blame the scenery...not me!! :p

Ahhh....all my pics are nice apart from the one with me in it...why la wind??? That justifies the 3 layers of clothes that I'm wearing right?

The rope bridge was 30-metre deep...cool but scary!


More pictures after crossing the bridge...the water looked so pretty!

I was like having a fashion show...wear jacket, take off jacket, wear again...crazy wind!


These 3 naughty monkeys...don't know how to read the sign "DANGER"...sumore wanna take picture with that sign. I 'no eye look' them.

I'm a good tourist...follow instructions and don't go near the cliffs...haha! :p

O-M-G...BEAUTIFULLLLL!!!! Ahhh...wonders of mother nature!!

Time to walk back

Please lower the volume...the wind sound is kinda annoying.


Oh nooo....let's sing again..."there's always gonna b another mountain~~~~"

Heading to Giant Causeway. The white building is Causeway hotel. The other one is the 'pub of the year' in Northern Ireland. Had our lunch there and was wondering how they got this title...Joshua almost got mad waiting for the food to be served..haha!

Finally arrived Giant Causewayyy!!!

Ignore the rocks in front...the extraordinary thing about this place is the geometric columns that were formed from lava that erupted 60million years ago. The shapes are all hexagon...that's what makes it special. :)

When I told bro that I'm going to Giant Causeway...he asked why I went all the way to see 'batu'?? I guess coz these 'batu' are special?

According to the tour guide, Giant Causeway was the most visited attraction in UK last year...surpassing Buckingham Palace!


I just loveee the sceneries here!!!

Oh not that song again!!! =.=

I forgot what's this...some river I guess?

Dunluce Castle behind us...the sun was too bright...can't see clearly.

We were supposed to visit the Bushmill Distillery but bcoz of one black sheep who was late for 15 minutes coming back to the bus from Giant Causeway...the distillery was closed when we arrived. :(

Hope y'all enjoyed the photos!! Next update...Dublin!!!

1 comment:

Kae Vin said...

It's so man-made-ly natural! XD